Our client is actively seeking a Sr. developer / Lead on Java to develop frameworks (Java, .Net, ...), content management systems (Open text, Adobe, ...), an API gateway and provide coaching on the current framework for the entire IT organisation. You will be part of an agile Java development team.
The responsibilities of the team leader of the Java development team :
- Refinement and planning with your team, the E2E chain teams involved and the Product Owner. Change must be an integral part of the overall solution.
- Create beautiful, maintainable code from scratch or customise (configure, implement, integrate) off-the-shelf software developed by a third party.
- Use your knowledge of one or more frameworks to build/maintain the bank's target framework.
- You understand the principles of continuous delivery and use them in your DevOps team.
- Have an understanding of operating systems (Unix, Windows, etc.) and the middleware you configure to provide agreed functionality.
- You understand and apply capacity and performance management.
- Analyse & develop or integrate new common components in the framework of the company's development
- Discuss with the lead application developer, consultant/application integrator to manage/question project feedback and new candidate components
- Maintain existing infrastructure components
- Participate in the framework community (organised as a guild) to share the technical evolution of the framework
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Fluency in English and another Belgian national language (Fr/Du)
- You have proven experience as a JAVA engineer in an agile environment
- Experience with microservices in the banking sector.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Java, Spring, OO, REST
- Experience with frameworks or tools such as Kubernetes, Springboot, Docker
- You teach, coach and train your colleagues, share your knowledge and experience.
- You have a good understanding of the banking sector in general. You are able to discuss features and stories with your stakeholders and product owner and translate them into software with real business value.
- You are able to take charge of developments and coach junior developers effectively.
- You are able to work in a large organisation with several stakeholders