Our client is actively looking for a Sr/Lead Java Developer to develop frameworks (Java, .Net, etc.), content management systems (Open text, Adobe, etc.), an API gateway and provide coaching on the current framework for the entire IT organisation. You will be part of an agile Java development team.
The responsibilities of the Java :
- Refinement and planning with your team, the E2E chain teams involved and the Product Owner. Change must be an integral part of the overall solution.
- Create beautiful, maintainable code from scratch or customise (configure, implement, integrate) ready-to-use software developed by a third party.
- Use your knowledge of one or more frameworks to build/maintain the bank's target framework.
- You understand the principles of continuous delivery and use them in your DevOps team.
- Have an understanding of operating systems (Unix, Windows, etc.) and middleware software that you configure to provide agreed functionality.
- You understand and apply capacity and performance management.
- Analysing & Developing or integrating new common components within the framework of the company's development
- Discuss with lead application developer, consultant / application integrator to manage / challenge project feedback and new candidate components
- Maintain existing infrastructure components
- Participate in the frame community (organised as a guild) to share the technical development of the frame
- At least 5 years' relevant experience
- Fluency in English and another Belgian national language (Fr/Du)
- You have proven experience as a JAVA engineer in an agile environment
- Experience of microservices in the banking sector.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Java, Spring, OO, REST
- Experience with frameworks or tools such as Kubernetes, Springboot and Docker
- You teach, supervise and train your colleagues, and share your knowledge and experience.
- You have a good understanding of the banking sector in general. You are able to discuss features and stories with your stakeholders and product owner and translate them into software with real business value.
- You will be able to take charge of developments and coach junior developers effectively.
- You are able to work in a large organisation with several stakeholders